Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Lonely Hearts

COMING SOON TO TOTAL-E-BOUND!!!

Lonely Hearts by Aurora Rose Lynn.

There were two main requirements for this cover. Firstly the Author didn't want a dark cover and secondly they wanted a snowy road scene.

So the background of the snowy road set the scene for the rest of the cover. I came across a couple that I liked and felt were sexy enough for the book.

I desaturated the image of the couple and played with the contrast/brightness to lighten them up a bit. I also had to brighten the snow scene to blend in with the couple at the top.

I went for a font colour to compliment the rest of the cover and used a lower case to give it a contemporary feel.

All in all I think it came together nicely and does stand out from the other darker covers it is displayed with.

2 comments:

Kaz Augustin said...

Lovely cover and beautiful contrast, Lyn. You're right, it really stands out when put against other covers. Good call!

Ashley Ladd said...

It's amazing how you make covers. I keep telling my daughter to look into it as she loves art.