Monday 7 April 2008

Dreamy Highlanders

Latest 'Coming Soon' covers released over at TEB!

sweet-dreams-cover-reduced.jpg the-price-of-a-sword-cover-reduced.png

Sweet Dreams by Dakota Rebel. I have to admit that I was feeling a little bit of pressure doing this cover. Only because Dakota had put so much trust in me. It is her baby, after all ;) Anyway, the first thing that jumped out at me from the cover request form was the Hero's green eyes. I was having trouble finding the 'right' model so decided to experiment a bit. I'm glad I did. The eyes really do make you feel like the Heroine is being watched over in her dreams. Now for the Heroine, I'd been wanting to use this image for quite some time and it just seemed to fit this cover perfectly. I kept the green colouring right throughout the cover by adding a green silk sheet (originally red). The first cover draft didn't have the textured background but it was a bit stark and boring. So I added some texture and voila! Sweet Dreams :D

The Price of a Sword by Ellie Tremayne. I've actually created a special 'Cover Breakdown' that goes into detail on how this cover was created. Go check out my next post.

No comments: