Monday 7 April 2008

More Covers

Gawd! It's been a while since I've posted anything here. Been busy with covers, courses and family life :D

Here are a couple of covers that have now been released.

broken-pottery-cover-artwork-reduced.jpg conquered-cover-artwork-reduced.jpg tempting-the-law-cover-artwork-reduced.jpg

All very different, eh?

Tempting the Law is probably my favourite in this group. Although Conquered is a very close second ;) Broken Pottery is another in a long series so I'm feeling a little restricted when it comes to these. Still, I must say that it was nice to try something different from the musclebound bodies. Believe me I NEVER thought I would say that! LOL. I was also able to try a few different techniques. I got the idea of the tartan background from April Martinez's wonderful tutorials. It's difficult to see since I've added the gun and cuffs but there are folds and material textures in there somewhere. Its funny how something as subtle as using the Irish Murphy tartan (the character is a Murphy) can make all the difference .. well, to me anyway. I'm sure no-one else will even notice LOL!

Every one of these covers has been a personal little journey of discovery. I absolutely love it! It's the best job that I've ever had.

No comments: